Open Letters for Open Minded Scientologists to Ponder

There is a long standing tradition on the internet and elsewhere in regards to outreach efforts to help current members of the Church of Scientology find their way free from the organization - Open Letters.

A search of the internet reveals a treasure trove of insights in these open letters ranging back for decades, all of which match the general pattern of opening with:

Dear Scientologist(s).., Dear Church of Scientology..., Dear Scientology Executive..., Dear Scientology Staff... or Dear Family Members Still in Scientology... and so on and so forth.

In fact, the tradition of open letters encouraging Scientologists to do what is right in regards to straightening out the problems within the orgs was seemingly started by L. Ron Hubbard in his HCO Bulletin of 27 May 1960 where the following paraphrased advice seems to have done no good in the long run.

Dear Scientologist: ... Clearing the executives, the auditors, the people of Scientology is your job now.
- L. Ron Hubbard  

A great new blog has recently been launched by Jim Little featured on the backlink of this post's title, which does an excellent job of archiving the most recently released open letters. However, the extended time line of open letters is just too valuable of a reference to miss.

Thus, we offer the following greatest hits list of links to other open letters that deserve to be remembered for posterity. There is lots of great food4thought here, all you have to do is look.


And lastly... because we're STILL here for you,
whether you like us or not - from Anonymous in 2010.


"To sin by silence when they should protest makes cowards out of men."
- Abraham Lincoln  

Do you have something to get off your chest in tune with this established tradition of Dear Scientologist(s)... letters?

If so, please consider doing so and releasing it publicly on your own coming-forth blog like Mr. Little did with LittleDoubt, or amongst the online community of your choice. Or post a comment on this article if you need help getting it online, and the anon-friendly human rights advocates managing this sector of the interwebz will be happy to help.

The more voices who speak up - no matter where they stand when they come forward - the easier it becomes to set others free.

Click the title of this post or ob any other entries on this micro blog to visit the related link for a given announcement.

2 comments:

  1. I got into Scientology in 1989, read Dianetics, joined the SO for awhile, left, went back routed out. My experiences were good, I stayed with OT's in their apartment. I worked at the Hibiscus restaurant and got rave reviews on my service to the OT's. I started getting homesick and was wanting to leave and the people I waited on wanted me back on the floor, waiting on them. The public. So nice. They wrote despatches to my senior and said "whatever Edie needs, we will help her."
    I did get out and then found out about the COS in St. Louis, MO. My home was 418 miles away and I knew I wanted to stay close to learn how to operate in life. Did my TR's and Obj there and knew I had to live close by. My daughter, Meshell, bought me four intensives and helped me when I decided to join staff. Matt Hanses and Chad Lane both helped me so I could see my ailing parents once a month. I took courses to be a wordclearer and loved the job but wasn't sure of what a read was in relation to a body movement when I was doing Method Two. So I wrote up myself a cram. That went good except the last drill and no one had enough time to do the last one so it is still setting there. I decided I would be at Reception then and loved it. Got my grandaughter, 14 to start donating her time because I wanted her in a group like this for her survival. Later I was asked if I would like the post of Ext. Crs. Sup. and I was told it would be a few months and I could take over the post. This was done so another staff member could go to training at an upper org, still okay with me. I also had fun with that post and got to meet many people who were on their extension courses. THEN... my daughter and her husband found out about the evil at the top of management and called me over and told me what they had found. They then sent in a letter of their findings and wanted them to be addressed. Guess what????? You don't communicate in the COS. You get punished for "Being there and Communicating". After the letter Jim and Meshell sent in, I was called into the OSA's office and told by the Ethics officer and OSA that I would have to disconnect or I would not be welcome in the church. My job was taken away and I was to read things that supposedly was called a "Suppressive" act. Now, can anyone say they have never committed a suppressive act? I don't think so. So my job was taken over by someone else and I was more or less told to go home or go on course to do the PTS/SP course. I was to see how my daughter was an SP. If not, I was not allowed to have my job.

    My daughter has helped me all through life and even helped get us to Saint Louis. She even left her three year old son to be on staff at St. Louis, being told that it was the greatest good. By the way, she started a mission in Fort Smith Ark and we had the okay to run it. We had a course room, sauna, book selling and we were growing then someone set fire to our establishment. Only because there was the garage next to it and someone wanted all the mechanic tools so that is the reason we all moved to MO. We wanted to continue to help mankind. We still want to.
    Money being made for beautiful buildings and what is being done now is disgraceful to the tenets of LRH. LRH's tech is being changed and DM has set himself up as god now. Changing policy all along and even the Basics. Redoing what LRH put down for us to survive with.
    Too bad that LRH had to improved upon.
    Meshell raised her family in the Scientology precepts and taught her son how to do conditions and spent a lot of money and time on him. I'm speaking of Jeremy Powers who now has been made to disconnect if he wants to keep his job and girlfriend.
    I could go on and on of how Meshell, Jim and Heather has contributed to our org but to what avail. They are being slandered with lies to be made to look bad. So are we all that have been declared. Not as LRH would have done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing this experience, the slander, hate and blatant bigotry against those who have left the CofS is utterly appalling.

    For those of us on the outside looking in, its hard to fathom how a group who speaks of such high & lofty principles, can act with such a gross lack of basic decency and human kindness.

    Actions speak louder than words, and its those unkind and treacherous actions that need to stop.

    ReplyDelete